2. What Are Cookies:
- Define what cookies are. Explain that they are small text files stored on a user's device when they visit a website.
3. Types of Cookies:
- Categorize the cookies used on the website. Common categories include:
- Essential Cookies: Necessary for basic website functionality.
- Performance Cookies: Used for analytics to improve website performance.
- Functional Cookies: Enhance user experience by remembering preferences.
- Advertising/Tracking Cookies: Used for targeted advertising and user behavior tracking.
4. Purpose of Cookies:
- Describe the specific purposes for which each category of cookies is used. For example, explain that performance cookies help analyze website traffic and improve its performance.
5. Data Collected:
- Explain what data is collected or processed through cookies. This can include IP addresses, browsing behavior, user preferences, and other relevant information.
6. Third-Party Cookies:
- If third-party cookies are used (e.g., for advertising or analytics), disclose which third parties are involved and link to their respective Cookie Policies.
- Explain how long cookies remain on a user's device (e.g., session cookies expire after the browsing session, while persistent cookies may remain for a specified period).
8. User Consent:
- Describe how the website obtains user consent for cookies, such as through cookie banners or pop-ups. Explain that users can manage their cookie preferences.
9. Managing Cookies:
- Provide instructions on how users can manage or disable cookies through browser settings or privacy controls.
11. Contact Information:
- Include contact information for users to get in touch with the website operator for cookie-related questions or concerns.
12. Legal Compliance:
- Emphasize the website's commitment to complying with data protection laws and protecting user privacy.
- Reinforce transparency and inform users about their rights concerning the collection and processing of their data through cookies.